Saturday, November 5, 2011

OPI Muppets Designer de Better

We're starting the OPI Muppets Collection with the colour I was most eager to lay my hands on: ever since I saw it on Helen's blog, I wanted it! I'm really, really bummed because my nails are short and bad-looking, I don't feel like I'm doing justice to this beauty and to top it all, the light was über crappy all week and I had to do three sessions of pictures to  have "acceptable" shoots (which I find quite hideous!!). So here is the champagne-copper foil that I feel I've been waiting for a long time, perfect application in two coats, and a super classy result. You see it here without top-coat.


Indirect light


(I'm trying new angles for my pictures, this is backlit, don't know if I'll keep it, I have to see if it contributes to something!!)

Shade

Direct light

Flash

Designer De Better is a very complex shade with silver, gold and pink that gives it beautiful depth. You know how I love foils, and I always had a soft spot for pinkish gold/ copper shades (even for jewels, don't come near me with yellow gold, but pink gold, and even white gold are things I can consider!!). The first Orly polish I bought was Rage from the Foil FX collection, but somehow, I didn't warm up to it, and now that I have the OPI to compare it with, I think the Orly is too "sparkly" for my taste. I like OPI foils (and Zoya's) because they have this subdued soft look that makes them super classy. I took out Orly Rage and China Glaze Hi-Tek to compare. You see CG on the left (pointer), OPI in the middle and Orly on the right (ring finger):









We're starting the OPI Muppets Collection with the colour I was most eager to lay my hands on: ever since I saw it on 's blog, I wanted it! I'm really, really bummed because my nails are short and bad-looking, I don't feel like I'm doing justice to this beauty and to top it all, the light was über crappy all week and I had to do three sessions of pictures to  have "acceptable" shoots (which I find quite hideous!!). So here is the champagne-copper foil that I feel I've been waiting for a long time, perfect application in two coats, and a super classy result. You see it here without top-coat.
On commence la collection OPI Muppets avec la couleur que j'attendais le plus: j'ai commencé à trépigner du jour où je l'ai vue sur le blog d'Helen. Et franchement, je suis vraiment dégoûtée que mes ongles soient dans un état pitoyable et super courts, j'ai vraiment l'impression de ne pas faire honneur à ce petit bijou. Ajoutez à ça une météo exécrable toute la semaine, j'ai dû m'y reprendre à trois fois pour un résultat franchement pas top. Voici donc le foil champagne rosé dont je rêvais depuis longtemps, une application parfaite en deux couches et un résultat final super classe. Vous le voyez ici sans top-coat.




Lumière indirecte


Contre-jour (j'essaie des nouveaux angles d'éclairage, je ne sais pas si celui-ci va rester)


Ombre


Lumière directe


Flash

Designer De Better est une couleur très complexe, un mélange d'argent, or et rose qui lui donne une belle profondeur. J'adore les foils, et j'aime beaucoup les tons cuivres (même pour les bijoux, je n'aime pas l'or jaune, mais l'or rose me fait toujours craquer). Mon premier Orly a été le Rage de la collection Foil FX mais pour une raison inconnue, il ne m'a jamais vraiment convaincue, et maintenant que j'ai le OPI pour comparer, je pense que le problème est qu'il est trop scintillant pour moi. Ce que j'aime dans les foils OPI et Zoya, c'est ce côté subtil et très très classe. J'ai sorti Orly Rage et Hi-Tek de China Glaze pour comparer. Hi-tek est à gauche sur l'index, OPI sur le majeur et Orly sur l'annulaire à droite.







2 comments:

  1. Very interesting idea changing light angles ;)And stop putting yourself down :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...