Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Orly Birds of a Feather Part 1

Hi! I feel like a very bad girl this week, not posting as much as I used to. I was very busy with family affairs yesterday still, and I'm near the end of my stock of picture so I really couldn't write anything in the little time I had. This morning, after the first complete night of sleep I've had for two weeks, I could finally settle down in my office and take some time for me. And I actually realised that my nails didn't look as bad as I thought and had grown to a picture-acceptable length. So I decided to finally show you Orly's Birds of a Feather Autumn collection. I'm splitting it in two parts, first showing the colours that are unusual for me, and in a second time I'll show you the colours that are more present in my stash, with comparisons.


Peachy Parrot. It's quite orange for a peach, and too orange for me to like. It applies well, is opaque in two coats and the slight brushstrokes disappear when it's dry. If you like it, I'm not keeping it so drop me an email.


Lucky Duck. The only cream of the collection, but as cream goes, it's really good. Very easy application, so easy that you feel it won't be opaque in two coats, but it is. And it's fantastically glossy. In terms of colour, it reminds me of Don't Mess With OPI from the Texas Collection. I'm really not a green girl (well, for nails, I am very earth-friendly and responsible in everyday life), so it's not a keeper either, it's part of my swap/sale catalog.

Sweet Peacock. OMG! Am I turning into a blue girl?? I had such a crush on that one when I saw it on Tenshi's blog. This blue is one of the hit-colour of this Fall, OPI did it with Swimsuit... Nailed It! from the Miss Universe collection and Orly has another quite close colour in the Mineral FX upcoming collection. And while I wouldn't have called it a fall colour naturally, it's actually a very good transition, a sort of reminder of the sea and swimming pool of summer but darker as befits Fall. I've had it on my feet for two weeks and it still hypnotises me.
Application is not that easy: it's so packed with glitter that the first coat is uneven in terms of colour and it needs shaking to avoid clumps. Removal is a bit messy too, just like with any foil. But all of this is totally worth it!!
See you soon for the other three wonders of this collection.

Bonjour! Je suis une vilaine fille cette semaine, je poste moins que d'habitude: j'ai été très prise hier, toujours avec des histoires de famille, et j'arrive à la fin de mes photos en stock donc je n'avais vraiment pas moyen de faire un post dans le peu de temps disponible. Ce matin, après la première nuit complète depuis deux semaines, j'ai enfin pu me poser dans mon bureau et prendre un peu de temps pour moi. Et je me suis rendue compte que mes mains étaient en bien meilleur état que la dernière fois que je m'y étais penchée, et mes ongles avaient suffisamment poussé pour pouvoir être pris en photo. Il était donc temps de vous montrer enfin la collection Birds of a Feather d'Orly. Je vais le faire en deux parties, d'abord les trois couleurs les plus inhabituelles pour moi, et ensuite celles qui sont déjà dans mes classiques, avec des comparaisons.


Peachy Parrot. Pour un pêche, il est assez orange, trop orange pour me plaire vraiment. L'application est facile, il est opaque en deux couches et les légers coups de pinceaux s'effacent au séchage. Je ne souhaite pas le garder, donc si vous l'aimez, contactez-moi.



Lucky Duck. C'est le seul crème de la collection, et pour un crème, il est fantastique. L'application est un régal, à tel point qu'on croit qu'il ne va pas être opaque en deux couches, mais il n'y a aucun souci. Et il est très, très laqué. La couleur me rappelle le Don't Mess With OPI de la collection Texas. Je ne suis pas une fille verte (enfin, pour les ongles, au quotidien, je suis très écolo), alors je le mets aussi dans mon catalogue de vente/échange. 

Sweet Peacock. OMG! Est-ce que je me transforme en Avatar, moi qui n'aime pas trop le bleu d'habitude??? J'ai complètement craqué sur ce vernis en le voyant chez Tenshi. C'est une des couleurs phares de l'automne, on le retrouve chez OPI et dans une autre collection Orly. Je ne l'aurais pas forcément classé en couleur d'automne mais c'est en fait une teinte parfaite de 'transition': elle rappelle le bleu de la mer et de la piscine, tout en étant plus foncée comme il sied à l'automne. Je la porte sur les pieds depuis deux semaines et je suis toujours hyptonisée. 
L'application n'est pas simple: il est tellement concentré en micro-paillettes que la première couche n'est pas très engageante et il faut agiter le flacon pour éviter les paquets. Pas facile à enlever non plus, comme on peut s'y attendre pour un foil. Mais c'est tellement beau que ça en vaut la peine. 
A bientôt pour la suite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...