Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 3 Debriefing + OPI Grape Set Match

Hi. It's that time of the week again when I give you some updates on how I'm doing in the blogging world. It might be the last time I do this, since now I feel like I've found my marks in terms of pictures, which was the big problem at first.
Hand-wise, everything is fine, so I'll soon be making a couple of posts on manucure products, especially since I've had the opportunity to test quite a lot of them over the past year. My nails were showing signs of weakness and I couldn't bear the ridges any more, so I filed them down a bit, but it didn't stop two of them from breaking: my left pinkie, always a source of misery, and my right pointer. I really don't have the heart to file everything down to the maximum, my nail plates are super short, so I'll be keeping the length I have until every nail has the same length. I'm gonna clear out the pics I have with my long nails, in the days to come and then the blog will be up to date with my current hands.
Which brings me to the polish of the day...

Long time, no OPI! Today I have for you one of the three polishes of the Glam Slam series England Edition, Grape Set Match. As you know by now, I love purple polishes, and this one struck home from the very first promo pics I saw. I love that OPI is firmly aboard the glass-fleck wagon because it's definitely one of my favourite finishes (right now I'm getting crazy because I ordered some Zoya polishes more than a month ago and they're still not home!!). The two polishes from the Glam Slam series that I was eyeing were this one and Rally Pretty Pink. I also got Servin'Up Sparkle along with Grape Set Match as I was too eager to wait until I found it individually!
So Grape Set Match is a beautiful purple glass fleck, packed with pink and blue particles. And now to the pictures.





It's OPI, so it means flawless application, perfect shiny finish and opacity in two coats. The pics are with top-coat, but with OPI, I apply more out of habit and to speed up drying time than to make it more shiny. I guess you've seen dozens of swatches of this polish with Servin' Up Sparkle on top, so I'm not gonna do that. Instead, I'm putting up a "silver  holographic glitter" post with comparisons and a lot of sparkly pictures! I have to wait for my Zoyas to arrive first though, so that won't be tomorrow's post, but I have many of other pretty things to show you...
That's all for today folks!


Bonjour! C'est à nouveau le moment de vous parler un peu de ma vie de bloggeuse. C'est peut-être la dernière fois que je fais ça, vu que j'ai trouvé mes marques en termes de photos, ce qui était le gros point noir du début.
Question "état des mains", tout va bien donc je vous prépare une petite revue de mes produits de manucure, surtout que j'ai eu l'occasion d'en tester un paquet depuis un an. Mes ongles montraient des signes de faiblesse et je supportais plus les marques horizontales, donc je les ai raccourcis, ce qui n'a malheureusement pas empêché deux casses: l'auriculaire gauche, toujours cause de problèmes, et l'index droit. Je n'ai pas le courage de tout mettre à niveau, ma plaque ongulaire est ridiculement petite, donc je vais garder cette longueur en attendant que tous les ongles la rattrappent. Je vais aussi écluser les photos que j'ai avec mes ongles longs et le blog sera à jour et raccord avec mes mains. Ce qui m'amène au vernis du jour...


Ca fait longtemps qu'on a vu un petit OPI! Aujourd'hui je vous montre un des trois vernis de la série Glam Slam England, Grape Set Match. Comme vous le savez maintenant, j'adore les vernis violets, et celui-ci a été un coup de coeur dès que j'ai vu les premières photos. Je suis très contente qu'OPI fasse de plus en plus de "glass-fleck", c'est un des mes finis favoris (d'ailleurs là je suis à l'agonie, ça fait plus d'un mois que j'attends une livraison de Zoya!!). Les deux vernis de la série Glam Slam qui m'ont vraiment tapé dans l'oeil ont donc été, sans surprise, celui-ci et Rally Pretty Pink. J'ai également pris Servin'Up Sparkle parce que j'étais trop impatiente pour attendre de trouver les vernis vendus individuellement!
Grape Set Match est donc un superbe vernis glass fleck violet, rempli de particules bleues et roses. Et maintenant, place aux photos.





C'est du OPI, donc application parfait, fini lacqué et opacité en deux couches. Sur les photos il y a également du top-coat, mais avec OPI  j'en mets plus par habitude et pour accélérer le séchage que pour ajouter de la brillance.
Je suis sûre que vous avez vu des tonnes de photos de ce vernis avec Servin'Up Sparkle en plus, donc je ne vais pas en rajouter. En revanche, je prépare un post sur les vernis à paillettes argent holographiques avec des comparisons et pleins de photos éblouissantes. Il faut que j'ai reçu mes Zoya pour ça, donc ça ne sera pas pour tout de suite, mais j'ai plein d'autres belles choses à vous montrer.
C'est tout pour aujourd'hui!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...